Working with government, organizations, and individuals, Frederick Bicycle Coalition Inc. promotes greater access for bicyclists and others in the Frederick county area.
While Frederick Bicycle Coalition Inc. primarily works to improve access for bicyclists, efforts in the way of trail creation and the like shall not necessarily exclude access to pedestrians and other users.
The Frederick Bicycle Coalition operates as a non-profit corporation and is a 501(c)3 tax exempt corporation under IRS rules. Donations may be tax deductible as the law allows. No information here should be taken as tax or legal advice, please consult an appropriate professional to determine whether you may deduct any contributions on your tax filings.
WHAT WE DO
Frederick Bicycle Coalition’s activities include but are not limited to:
- Advising Frederick City and Frederick County governments on issues related to bicycling access and safety.
- Providing educational opportunities in the form of safe cycling techniques, bicycle maintenance, flat tire repair, etc. to local Scouts, schools, or other organizations and groups as may be advantageous to promote cycling in the Frederick County area.
- Fund Raising events
- Advocating both the government and the private sectors to provide more access to safe, secure bicycle parking areas
- Advocating Frederick City and Frederick County for increased and improved bicycle signage
- Advocating for safe bicycle trails for cyclists and others.
- Advocating for safe bicycle routes to schools
HOW WE RAISE MONEY
Funds for Frederick Bicycle Coalition may come from several sources including but not limited to: promotional bike rides; the sale of Frederick Bicycle Coalition calendars; the sale of admission tickets to an annual Bicycle Swap Meet, bicycle races, raffles and grants. Funds raised through these and various other methods support the organization and provide for its activities.
Activities FBC and board members have done to promote cycling:
- Representation at Fort Detrick Safety Days Symposium
- Representation at Fort Detrick Employees safety days
- YMCA Frederick safety for children
- Church bicycle rodeos
- Frederick Boy Scouts Bicycle Merit Badge clinic
- Youth safety clinics
- Support of Frederick Bike to Work Day
- Representation at many Frederick City government meetings
- Representation at MORE trail maintenance and repair events
- Financial and in kind support to: Mid-Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts (MORE), League of American Bicyclists, International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA)
Tom Rinker- President
As a representative of the cycling community, Tom Rinker has promoted bicycling by his regular attendance at both Frederick city and county meetings. Tom (and his business, The Bicycle Escape) are members of M.O.R.E, IMBA, The Frederick Peddlers, Bike MD and The League of American Bicyclists. The shop regularly leads rides, volunteers time for trail maintenance, and supports these and other events by supplying such items as prizes and food for participants.
Roger Rinker- Founder’s Chair
Roger has volunteered time leading educational and safety seminars for Fort Detrick, Boy Scouts of America, churches, and various community/civic organizations. He provides bicycle support for various Frederick events and often attends city and county meeting as a representative of the cycling community. Roger also has 25 years of experience in the non-profit sector.
Chris Sands – Communications & Technology Director
Tim DuFour – Treasurer
Bio coming soon.
Andrew Stinton - Membership and Social Director